Skip to main content
Call us today: 0345 450 4660

Buildings and Contents Insurance Advice

Buying a property is likely to be your most significant purchase, so it’s important to protect that investment with building and content insurance. A Moneysprite property insurance adviser can assist your household in finding the most suitable and preferential building and content insurance to avoid potential financial ruin.

What is building and content insurance?

Building and content insurance is a single insurance policy that covers the structure and contents of a property against natural disasters and theft. It is possible to find separate policies for building and content but choosing to protect your property and possessions within single cover can be advantageous. You will only need to deal with one insurer should you need to make a claim, and you might get a discounted policy.

What is buildings insurance?

Building insurance covers the cost of repairing structural damage to a property after flooding, fire, storms, earthquakes, or explosions. The policy should cover the full cost of repairs to the building’s structure, as well as cables, pipes, fencing and drainage systems. If the property has been damaged beyond repair and needs to be rebuilt, the policy will cover the complete cost of rebuilding the home.

What is contents insurance?

Contents insurance is an insurance policy that covers the cost of replacing possessions within a home against natural disasters but also theft. For example, if a fire destroyed furniture or a burglar stole electrical goods, the content insurer would replace these items. Content insurance might extend to personal possessions carried on an individual when outside of the home.

Why do I need buildings and contents insurance?

Building and content insurance is essential to any homeowner. It will cover eye-watering and usually unaffordable costs of repairing and rebuilding a home should a natural disaster occur. Personal household possessions can also have significant value and insuring them against natural disasters and theft is worthwhile. Moreover, banks may require you to have building insurance to get a mortgage.

Why use an adviser to help consider building and contents insurance?

Using an insurance adviser to help you find building and contents insurance is highly beneficial. The adviser will be able to search the market for you with a full understanding of your needs, based on your property, personal possessions, and preferences. They will also ensure the rebuild cost of your property has been correctly calculated, making sure you avoid a bill if your property needs rebuilding from scratch.

How to get buildings and contents insurance?

Building and content insurance is widely available through insurers and banks. You can take out cover online or over the phone. But due to the sheer volume of options, it can be difficult to know where the most suitable and beneficial deals are based on your specific needs. That’s where Moneysprite advisers comes in.

To protect your property investment reach out to one of our Moneysprite property insurance advisers to discuss your building and content insurance options. We have advisers from Chelmsford to Birmingham, in Norwich, Portsmouth and the South East, and help clients across the UK. Our friendly and patient team are here to assist you.

Request a callback from one of our advisers

Our Partners

Latest Reviews

See what people say about us